Prepare to be spellbound by this bewitchingly good Witches Fingers biscuits.
Difficulty: Fairly Easy
Prep Time: 20 minutes (+ chilling time) | Cook Time: 10 minutes
100g buttery baking spread
50g caster sugar
50g Nesquik Banana Milkshake Powder or Nesquik Chocolate Caramel Milkshake Powder
½ tsp baking powder
225g plain flour
20 flaked almonds
2 tbsp strawberry jam
You will also need:
a baking tray lined with non-stick parchment paper
1. Pre heat your oven to 180°C / 160°C fan / Gas Mark 4.
2. Add the buttery baking spread, Nesquik and sugar to a large bowl and using an electric hand whisk or stand mixer, beat until light and creamy. Add in the egg and beat again. The mix may look like it’s curdled but don’t worry!
3. In a separate bowl add the flour and baking powder and give everything a quick mix together.
4. Add half the flour mix to the creamed butter and sugar. Combine on low speed until just combined, then add the second half of the flour combine on low speed until a soft dough has formed.
5. Roll small portions of the dough (around 2 teaspoons) into finger shapes and place on a lined baking sheet. Use the back of a butter knife to press into the dough to look like knuckles then lightly press an almond into the dough where the nail would be – you just want to leave a dent as a guide to where to place the nail after baking so make sure to remove the almond after you’ve left a dent.
6. Pop the fingers in the fridge to chill for 30 mins, this will help the biscuits from spreading when you bake them.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes until pale golden, then remove from the oven and cool completely on a wire rack. Once cooled, spoon a little jam onto the nail base and top with half an almond for the nail. Enjoy!