We’re especially fond of the little pop of pink found in the centre of these Strawberry Crumble Bars. They’re great to make and share on special occasions as they’re a sweet treat everyone can enjoy.
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 45 minutes
For the crumble mix:
150g buttery baking spread
100g light brown sugar
120g rolled oats
160g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
For the filling:
250g strawberries, fresh or frozen
15g corn flour
30g Nesquik Strawberry Milkshake Powder
5g chia Seeds
You will also need:
20cm square cake tin, lined with baking powder
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan, Gas Mark 4).
2. Add the butter and sugar to a large bowl and using an electric hand mixer, beat until smooth and creamy. Stir in the oats, flour and baking powder to form a crumbly mixture.
3. Press half of the crumble mixture into the base of the tin and spread out using the back of a spoon. Prick all over with a fork and bake for 15 minutes until slightly golden. Remove from the oven once baked and set aside to use later.
4. In a food processor or blender, blend the strawberries, Nesquik and cornflour together until smooth, then pour over the cooked base.
5. Sprinkle the remaining crumble evenly over the top of the strawberry mix and bake for 30 mins until golden.
6. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Cut into 16 squares and leave to cool fully before serving