It’s all hands-on deck for these Nesquik® Chocolate Crepe & Fruit Straws. Get everyone involved with threading on their own fruit & crepes.
Serves: 12 (1 straw per portion)
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes
For the crepes:
100g plain flour
2 large eggs
150ml semi skimmed milk
15g Chocolate Nesquik Milkshake Powder
1 tsp vegetable oil
For the dip:
175g fat free greek yogurt
50g Chocolate Nesquik Milkshake Powder
150g strawberries, halved
150g mango, cut into large pieces
2 tbsp chocolate Sprinkles
You will also need:
1. For the crepes: add the flour and Nesquik into a large mixing bowl to mix to combine. In a jug, add the eggs and milk and whisk with a fork to combine. Make a small well in the middle of the dry ingredients and add in the wet ingredients. Gently whisk together until you have a completely smooth batter.
2. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and grease with the oil. Make sure to completely coat the bottom of the pan.
3. Pour approximately 4 tbsp of batter into the pan, tilting so that there is a thin coating on the base of the pan.
TIP: You can either use a ladle to transfer the batter to the pan or decant all the batter into a jug for an easier pour.
4. Cook for 1 to 1 ½ minutes then flip carefully with a spatula and cook for a further minute. Transfer to a plate and cover with a clean tea towel to keep warm whilst you make the remaining crepes (the batter should make around 6 crepes total)
5. For the dip: mix together the Nesquik and yoghurt until smooth and transfer into a small bowl for dipping.
6. To assemble: roll the crepes and slice each one in to 6 equal pieces. Feed a slice of crepe onto the straw followed by a piece of strawberry or mango – repeat until you have x3 pieces of crepe and x3 pieces of fruit per straw.
7. Serve with a tablespoon of Chocolate Yoghurt Sauce and a smattering of Chocolate Sprinkles!