This biscuits are really easy and quick to make – you can freeze the dough to bake later!
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
What you'll need:
- 150g butter
- 225g plain flour, sieved
- 55g caster sugar
- 85g Nesquik Banana
- 2 large egg yolks
- Currants for eyes
- Baking trays, baking paper, biscuit cutters and a rolling pin
Make our simple bunny biscuits:
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C, 375°F, Gas Mark 5.
- Rub the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles bread crumbs. You can use a food processor if you have one.
- Add the sugar, Nesquik and egg yolks. Using clean hands, mix to form a stiff dough. This takes a minute or two so be patient!
- Dust a clean work surface with flour. Flour your hands and a rolling pin.
- Roll the dough out to about 0.5cm (¼inch) thick.
- Cut the dough into bunny shapes using biscuit cutters.
- Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Press currants into the shapes to make eyes.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until biscuits are golden. Cool on a wire rack.
Tip: You can use any shape of biscuit cutters for this recipe – or simply cut round a small glass or dish.